Friday, August 12, 2011

Decorating Frenzy

We are 5 days away from "Meet the Teacher" and my room is, dare I say it, almost ready.  I am sooooo stinkin happy with my room this year and the way everything came together.  I have been working 12 hour days to get everything in place.  I am revamping my discipline system and going with the Clip Chart this year.  Of course it had to go with our Superhero theme so I tweeked it a bit.  My Bucket Filler board is almost ready.  We are getting our class list on Monday.  So excited I can hardly stand it! Why is that like waiting on Christmas morning to me?  Anyway, I can add names to the buckets then. 
My "to do list" grows every waking moment, but slowly I am getting it done. 
I put together a Focus Wall to go along with our Journeys textbook for ELA and I think it turned out so cute thanks to my bestie (First Grade Glitter and Giggles) for making my adorable headers.  To quote Rachel Zoe, " I die" for owls.  The owl headers are available in her TPT store btw.  Also, a shout out to Clutter Free Classroom  for the Math Workshop board inspiration.  I changed mine up a bit, but the signs are super cute and will work perfectly for implementing Math Workstations.  I wanted to post a few pics just to show some of my faves in my room after my decorating frenzy.   More to come but here are the pics I have so far!





9 comments:

Mrs. Corbitt said...

I LOVE your clip chart!!! It is super cute how you made it super hero themed. I am sure that your students will work hard to be super heroes everyday, because honestly that just sounds so stinkin' cool! Best of luck this year!!!

Pocketful of Littles said...

I love your math workshop board can't wait to see the rest of your pics! I just posted my classroom pics and started a blog hop you can check them out if you like

http://pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com/2011/08/tour-of-my-classroom.html

I hope you have a great year

Ms. Patterson
Pocket Full of Kinders

Unknown said...

I. Love. Your. Classroom!
Pitner's Potpourri

Patti White said...

I love your room so far. It's very colorful!

Anonymous said...

AH! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog! I'm also a 3rd grade teacher. I've been teaching 3rd for 3 years now. It's the best!
I did a revamp on my behavior system this year and am also doing a variation of the stoplight system except yours is WAY cuter! A picture of mine is posted on my blog right now. I decided the students who reach the top by the end of the day will earn a ticket to place in our quarterly raffle. I've never done that before, so i hope the kids like it!
Stop by my blog @ www.chalkintherain-blog.blogspot.com

Ginger Snaps said...

You will love third! I have been teaching it for 3 years! I love your bulletin boards!

http://gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/

Janis said...

Hi Misty! I just wanted to let you know that you're one of my Top 10 blogs!

http://caffeinatedconclusions.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-top-10-blogs.html

Visit this page to grab your award!

http://bit.ly/rtHPbL

Thank you for being an everyday inspiration! :)

Janis @ Caffeinated Conclusions

Ms. J said...

So cute!!!

I was wondering if I could pin a few of your pics on pinterest?

Miss J
Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

Unknown said...

Love your classroom. I love your Math workshop board. What are the blue blank spaces used for on the right side! I am looking for a way to set mine up for this year!

Follow me www.mrsnarramoresworld.blogspot.com

Post a Comment